India is one of the largest banana exporter in the world. India exports of banana to the world worth USD 48.70 million in 2017. Banana is the second most important fruit crop of India after mango. It is cultivated in India in an area of 830.5 thousand and total production is around 29,779.91 thousand tonnes. India is the largest producer of banana in the world. Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka are the biggest banana growing states of India. More than 27% of total banana production takes place in Maharashtra and Gujarat states.
List of Banana Exporters in India
Indian banana export data shows that there are more than the 400 active banana exporters in India. Fair export India pvt ltd is the biggest exporter of banana in India and accounted for 9.30% of India’s banana exports. Here are the names of top 30 banana suppliers in India.
- Fair Export India Pvt Ltd
- INI Farms Private Limited
- Mayi Industries
- Ambadi Food
- White Globe
- Rockwood Global Impex
- Adams International Importers And Exporters
- Original Foods
- Bandhan Agritech Private Limited
- Desai Fruits and Vegetables Pvt Ltd.
- Sumal India,
- Annexpress Associates
- Kannan Trading Company
- Panachamoottil Exporters
- Three Star Vegetable Exporting And Importing
- Krishna Traders
- Sam Imports & Exports
- Kanakasree Exports
- Reva Fresh Fruit Export
- Sangola Agro Pvt.Ltd
- Star Naturals India Private Limited
- International Construction Co.
- Apex Global Projects
- Rajeeb Enterprises
- B.Export & Import
- Yara Exports
- Basheer & Shahid
- Pomona Exports Pvt.Ltd,
- Day Fresh Exports
- Marudhar Enterprises
To get the list of all banana exporters in India and their address including the trading activities, fill up a contact form given in the below of page.
Top 10 Countries Selling Banana to India
India is exporting bananas to more than 40 countries around the world. UAE, Oman, Saudi Arabia and Iran are the main banana export destinations of India and these four countries accounted for approximately 75% of the total exports. Check the below table to know the top 10 banana export partners of India and their value recorded in 2017.
|Foreign Country||Value (USD ‘000)|
#1: Sample of Fresh Banana Export Data
|Date||21 December 2017|
|Product Description||Fresh Banana|
|FOB Value||INR 114660|
|FOB Value||USD 1800|
|Indian Banana Exporter||Pomona Exports Pvt Ltd|
|Exporter Address||214, Janki Centre, 2nd Floor, Shah Indl. Estate, Off. Veera Desai Rd, Mumbai – 400058|
|Foreign Importer||MS Yousef Saad AL Alwani TRDG EST|
|Foreign Country||Saudi Arabia|
|Indian Port||Cochin Air|
#2: Sample of Green Banana Export Data
|Date||30 December 2017|
|Product Description||Green Banana|
|FOB Value||INR 6866|
|FOB Value||USD 108.63|
|Indian Banana Exporter||East Asia Exim Private Limited|
|Foreign Importer||MS Khamis AL Halyan Foodstuff|
|Indian Port||Cochin Air|
Above we have mentioned the sample of export data. Our trade report consists of hundreds of shipment records held last year. Subscribe to Indian banana export data and get Indian banana suppliers and foreign buyers of Indian banana. Contact us via email i.e. email@example.com
Commercially Grown Banana Varieties in India
Grand Naine – It is most accepted international variety. It is a tall statured plant and a heavy yielder with long cylindrical bunch. On an average it produces a bunch weighing 25 kg and may go up to 32-35 kg, with 8-10 hands with 200-220 fruits/bunch. The length of the fruit is 15-21 cm and girth is 12-13 cm.
Robusta – It is normal statured with black brown blotches on the stem, bunches weigh around 20 kg having 8-10 hands/bunch. The length of the fruit is 15-20 cm and girth is 12 cm with thick fruit skin.
Dwarf Cavendish – The plant stature is dwarf. Dark black brown blotches appear all along the stem. Bunches are large with compactly arranged 8-10 hands weighing about 20kg. Length of fruit is 13-14 cm and girth 8-10 cm. Skin is thick and the fruit tapers gradually towards the tip. It is not suitable for export.
Red Banana – The plant is tall and robust statured. The colour of the fruit, pseudostem, petiole and midrib is purplish red. The bunch weight is 20-25 kg with 6-7 hands and 80 fruits/bunch. The length of the fruit is 16-18 cm.
Nendran – There is considerable diversity in plant stature. Bunch has 5-6 hands weighing about 6-12 kg. Fruits have a distinct neck with thick green skin turning buff yellow on ripening. Fruits remain starchy even on ripening.
Benefits of Banana
- Bananas are exceedingly good for students as the rich source of potassium can make a person very alert, the fruit is often called a brain tonic.
- For those suffering from depression, bananas are good as they contain a protein called serotonin which is also called the ‘happy hormone’
- Eating bananas helps people give up smoking as this fruit is rich in vitamin C, A, B6 and B12. Bananas contain potassium and magnesium as well, which help the body recover from nicotine withdrawal.
- When you suffer from a hangover – a banana milkshake with honey can give you immense relief. Cold milk soothes the stomach lining and bananas with honey build up depleted blood sugar levels.
- For pregnant women suffering from morning sickness, eating bananas in between meals helps immensely in settling the queasiness in the stomach.
- The peel of a banana fruit can be rubbed on a mosquito bite with good effect, the stinging sensation stops and the swelling also reduces.