In the recent times, alcohol has been completely banned in some states like Gujarat, but black marketing is on the rise. Also, the sale of liquor has been banned in 500 meters along the national highways. All these measures taken by the Government of India have not been proven to be the solution for restricting alcohol consumption. One of the major factors contributing rise in consumption of alcoholic drinks is increasing level of modern trends. On the whole, domestic liquor is great in demand due to less expensive but some Indian made varieties of alcoholic beverages are harmful for health due to poor quality. And high class people are going for international alcoholic brands to have premium quality, despite of the fact that they become more expensive after high import tariffs levied on them.
Period: April-June 2017
Table of Content
- Report Summary
- Market Research Objectives
- Existing Knowledge
- Data Collection
- Data Findings
- Consumption and Market of Alcoholic Drinks in India
- Brands of Alcoholic Drinks Imported in India – Johnnie Walker Top the Charts
- Largest Type of Alcoholic Drink Imported in India – The Whisky Story
- Other Popular Types of Alcoholic Beverages Imported in India
- India Imports Alcohol Beverages Mostly from UK – Foreign Country-wise Analysis
- Nhava Sheva Sea Received Maximum Shipments of Alcoholic Beverages
- United Spirits Limited – Leading Indian Importer of Alcoholic Drinks
- Company Profile of 10 Largest Indian Importers of Alcoholic Beverages
- Further Outcomes
Introduction of Alcohol Import Report
We at Exim File are one of the world’s largest import export data providers. We have a vast experience into the industry, which lets us to put all facts and figures of global imports and exports on our client’s table. Our company is resourced with expert people and latest technologies to meet their requirements on time. Our research-based report, Alcoholic Drinks Import in India Q2 2017 gives a comprehensive knowledge on Indian import market of alcoholic beverages.
Our report on alcoholic drinks import in India helps importers, exporters and corporates to discover the latest market trends and uncover opportunities of future market growth. With most current research data available with us, they can have in-depth analysis of alcoholic market in India and understand the competitive threats. Our detailed business intelligence report lets them to plan their corporate strategy with our expert knowledge of alcohol industry in India. If you are into alcoholic beverages industry in India, our extensive research on India imports of alcoholic drinks will save your time and money while empowering you to make informed and profitable business decisions.
This market research report on alcoholic drinks import in India includes:
- Identification of leading alcohol companies in India and the world and mapping out how the industry has consolidated in recent years.
- Detailed study of brands, types, etc. of alcoholic drinks imported into India.
- Knowing India imports alcoholic beverages the most from which countries.
- Analysis of popular types of alcoholic drinks imported into India.
- Describing business models and identifying key commercial strategies of alcohol companies.
This report on alcoholic market of India is an effort to bring, analyse and deliver correct picture of alcoholic beverages imported into the country. So, let’s don’t waste time and start gaining knowledge.
Amid strict laws like banning liquor sales near major highways and higher customs duty on alcohol after GST implementation, consumption of imported and domestic produced alcoholic drinks in India has been still on the rise. In fact, it has the world’s fastest growing market for alcoholic beverages consumption. It is observed that a consumer of Indian liquor pays five to six times the manufacturing cost on an average. The prices of alcoholic drinks in India are significantly higher than 95% of the countries in the world. This report aims at analysing Indian market of alcoholic drinks from key findings.
A summary of alcoholic drinks import report of India (April-June 2017)
- India total imports of alcoholic drinks valued at USD 61838727.
- May month recorded maximum value of all alcoholic beverage brands.
- Johnnie Walker was the largest imported brand of alcoholic drinks.
- Whisky was the largest alcoholic drink type imported by India.
- United Spirits Limited rank top Indian importer of alcoholic drinks.
- United Kingdom was the top exporter country of alcoholic drinks to India.
- India’s Nhava Sheva Sea Port registered maximum import shipments of alcoholic beverages.
Why Buy This Report?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders.
- Track key industry trends and business opportunities.
- Maximize company profits by getting new customers.
- Find active and trusted business partners.
Market Research Objectives
The main purpose of doing this research is to give a correct and comprehensive Indian import picture of alcoholic drinks to importers, exporters and corporates for taking informed business decisions. And thus, by purchasing our report, we are able to maximize our business profits as well. The proposed market research report contains the following objectives:
- To help importers and exporters in finding best and trusted business partners.
- To help market research agencies in studying alcohol market of India for new findings.
- To help banks in approaching companies for taking their financial products and services.
- To help logistics firms in finding new customers for providing better transportation services.
Our market research report on alcoholic drinks import in India, answer important questions such as:
- What is the market size of alcoholic beverages in India?
- What are the major brands of alcoholic drinks imported in India?
- What is imported more; beer, whisky, scotch, brandy, vodka, rum or wine?
- What have been the key trends seen in new product development in this industry?
- Who are the biggest Indian importers of alcoholic drinks?
- From which countries, India imports alcoholic beverages the most?
- Which Indian port receives maximum shipments of alcoholic drinks?
Like other industries, we have great knowledge and experience in alcohol industry and covering India import activities of alcoholic beverages. We have a team of qualified and skilled market researchers, data experts, sales representatives and marketing executives. Market researchers analyse the data received from database team. Data experts manage the raw data received from various sources. Sales representatives coordinate with customers to know and complete their data requirements. And marketing executives handle online promotion tasks to circulate offerings of the company. We are basically specialized into:
- Doing in-depth research on Indian market of alcoholic drinks and bringing trade secret outcomes for further study.
- Using latest market research tools and techniques to come up with accurate facts and figures.
- Putting all findings in the proper format with graphics, in order to present the report in a right way.
- Analysing India import statistics of alcoholic drinks for bringing new information on product specifications such as brand, type, etc.
- Covering every detail related to Indian import market of alcoholic drinks, which clients search for enhancing their knowledge and expand their business.
- Collecting hidden information on India’s imports of alcoholic drinks from trusted sources and deliver it to clients.
- Creating a trusted bridge between importers and exporters for finding long-working business partners.
We collect India import raw data of alcoholic drinks from our valid sources, i.e. Customs, Ports, Shipping Companies and other Government Agencies. It includes sea, air & road shipments of alcoholic beverages imported by India. Every shipment detail is filtered by our expert team of database in order to maintain the authentication of data. The columns of description and figure, which are given in data, are verified thoroughly for preparing an error-free import report. The data is also analysed on the basis of brand, type, country, port, etc. and thus customized as report to give a detailed market outlook, as per our client’s requirements. We provide the data and report in Excel Format, which is delivered to the client via Email.
The fields in India import data of alcoholic drinks cover:
- Indian Importer (Name)
- Indian Importer (Address)
- Foreign Supplier (Name)
- HS Code
- Product Description
- Indian Port
- Foreign Country
- Invoice Unit Price Foreign Currency (Actual)
- Invoice Currency
- Unit Value INR
- Unit Value USD Calculated by Exchange Rate
- Total Value INR
- Total Value USD
- Import Duty INR
- Import Duty USD
Imports of alcoholic beverages in India are expected to register a further solid growth in years to come. This would be largely down the country being seen as a huge untapped market for both local and global manufacturers. Despite implementing strict laws on stopping the consumption of alcohol due to health issues and increasing customs duties on the product after GST came into force; social drinking in the country is becoming increasingly acceptable, with supporting a widening of the product range. In addition to this, an increase in sales of premium lager & spirits is expected to enhance retail value growth, along with a substantial surge in the consumption of wine in the country.
From this alcoholic beverages import report of India Q2 2017, it can be concluded that India holds one of the biggest markets of liquor and alcoholic drinks. As alcohol is regarded as a harmful substance for health, consumption of alcoholic drinks in India is still on the rise. Government’s awareness campaigns on excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages are not taking up so much on the minds of people as imports of alcoholic drinks are increasing tremendously. After GST implementation, import tariffs on alcohol have risen drastically. Still, international brands of alcoholic beverages are gaining great popularity in India. The consumption of whisky is more than other varieties in India.
Buy Alcohol Import Report of India and get the complete market details. And get the list of alcohol buyers in India as well as alcohol suppliers in other countries selling alcohol to India. Contact us by filling contact form given below or visit at www.eximfile.com or email at email@example.com